Senior Wind Resource Analyst
Small, autonomous teams. Ownership of end-to-end product development. Pursue the research that interests you. Proud of delivering quality. Analytical. Problem solver. Drive to develop and grow the business. Analysis of operational wind farms. Responsibility. If all this sounds good to you, then keep reading.
BrightWind is an Irish based renewable energy consultancy company founded in May 2015 with its core competency in wind and solar resource assessment. We work closely with our clients to assess the future energy yield from planned or operational wind farms and solar plants and highlight the associated risk. We are looking for a senior wind resource analyst that can contribute significantly in the growth and leadership of the business.
Your main responsibility is to deliver practical, actionable advice to our clients with concise, quality energy yield reports. But you’ll do much more than that. You’ll have ownership in developing and delivering internal and external products that will improve our data analytics platform. You’ll use Python along with Cassandra, PostgreSQL, RESTful API, AWS and other cutting-edge technologies to build these products as part of a team. And you’ll be encouraged to take risks and challenge yourself in reaching out to grow our client base.
– Self-starter with strong initiative and hunger for taking on responsibility within a small team
– Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
– Personable and easy-going client management
– At least 4 years’ experience analysing, delivering and reviewing energy production estimates
– Passion for computer programming essential
– Knowledge of Amazon Web Services such as S3, EC2, etc is desirable.
– Knowledge of databases such as Cassandra and PostgreSQL or similar also desirable
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and CV to Shane at email@example.com. Deadline for submission of applications is Friday the 23rd of February.