Job Location: Ireland or the UK
Closing date for applications: 15th of January 2021
Small, autonomous teams. Pursue the research that interests you. Proud of delivering quality. Analytical. Problem solver. Drive to develop and grow the business. CFD analysis. Analysis of offshore wind resource. Responsibility. If all this sounds good to you, then keep reading.
BrightWind is an Irish based renewable energy consultancy company founded in May 2015 with its core competency in wind resource assessment. We work closely with our clients to assess the future energy yield from planned or operational wind farms and highlight the associated risks. We are looking for two senior wind resource analysts that can contribute significantly to the growth and leadership of the business.
Your main responsibility is to deliver practical, actionable advice to our clients with concise, quality energy yield reports. But you’ll do much more than that. You’ll have ownership in developing and delivering internal and external solutions that will improve our data analytics platform. You’ll use Python and other cutting-edge technologies to build these products as part of a team. And you’ll be encouraged to take risks and challenge yourself in reaching out to grow our client base.
• MEng or BEng, or equivalent, in Engineering or Physics;
• Self-starter with strong initiative and hunger for taking on responsibility within a small team
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Personable and easy-going client management
• At least 4 years’ experience analysing, delivering and reviewing energy yield assessments
• Passion for computer programming essential
• Any of the following are particularly desirable:
• experience in CFD modelling for wind energy applications
• experience in offshore energy yield analysis
• experience in remote sensing
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and CV to Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org