Job Location: Ireland or the UK
Closing date for applications: No fixed date
Brightwind is scaling fast due to client demand, and we are looking for bright motivated people to join our team. This is an open call for both junior and senior wind analysts and for people inside/outside of the renewable industry who have transferable data analytics skills and feel they would like to make a real difference at Brightwind.
Small, autonomous teams. Pursue the research that interests you. Proud of delivering quality. Analytical. Problem solver. Drive to develop and grow the business. Responsibility. If all this sounds good to you, then keep reading.
BrightWind is an Irish based renewable energy consultancy company founded in May 2015 with its core competency in wind resource assessment. We work closely with our clients to assess the future energy yield from planned or operational wind farms and highlight the associated risks. We are looking for smart resourceful analysts (both senior and junior) that can contribute significantly to the growth and leadership of the business.
Your main responsibility is to deliver practical, actionable advice to our clients with concise, quality energy yield reports. But you’ll do much more than that. You’ll have ownership in developing and delivering internal and external solutions that will improve our data analytics platform. You’ll use Python and other cutting-edge technologies to build these products as part of a team. And you’ll be encouraged to take risks and challenge yourself in reaching out to grow our client base.
• MEng or BEng, or equivalent, in Engineering or Physics;
• Self-starter with strong initiative and hunger for taking on responsibility within a small team
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Personable and easy-going client management
• Passion for computer programming essential
• Any of the following are particularly desirable:
• 4 years’+ experience analysing, delivering and reviewing energy yield assessments
• experience in CFD modelling for wind energy applications
• experience in offshore energy yield analysis
• experience in remote sensing
The package includes a route to company ownership through the companies share option scheme.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and CV to Shane at email@example.com